Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cruising and Baby stuff

Us, our friends Nick and Staci, and waiters, Rohan and Sivakumar
Rob snorkeling in Barbados...i wanna go back there!
Snorkeling in Barbados..my favorite place
me and Staci getting ready to do the macarena at dinner one night!
In St. Lucia w/our ship in the background
I love this pic of Rob. This is in St. Martin at the beach
Rob having a little cup a joe with dessert:)
Enjoying my first Margarita on the ship!
Beautiful water in St. Lucia

So as you can see, we had lots of fun on the cruise!  We had beautiful weather and stopped at lots of great islands(St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados)!  I needed that sunshine so bad!!  Although to look at me you would have no idea that I have been in the Caribbean for a week.  I used SPF 70...i burn easily;).  My favorite thing we did was snorkeling with the sea turtles in Barbados!  The water was beautiful.  We also got to go to a beach there and we want to go back and just stay there for a few days sometime.(hopefully not for a couple of years because we hope to be tied up with our little one soon!)  Overall it was a relaxing and very needed get away.  We were also glad to come home to beautiful spring weather her in Indiana!  Praise God for Spring...it's my favorite!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on to baby stuff....   Even though vacation was relaxing and a great time, there was no forgetting about TTC.   I was not really stressed about it but I thought about it a lot and prayed for all of my TTC buddies a lot!  (BTW, Congrats to the Averitts on their BFP after their 3 year TTC journey!!!)  There is just truly no escaping it when your in it.  We have been talking a lot about what comes next for us over the last week or so.  We had kinda decided that we would try for a few months on our own and then go on to IVF.  Our chances of getting pregnant w/IUI is really not that great and we would rather take a break from that and save the money we would be paying for that, for IVF.  Dr. J left me a message while we were gone.  He was just checking on us and said to call and schedule an appt so we can talk about whats next.  I think he is  probably thinking IVF too.  So I just wanna ask for lots of prayer for direction in this.  Our insurance doesn't cover anything so IVF will be about 13-14,000 dollars outta pocket(for one cycle)...and we don't have that much money in our pockets:).  But we are blessed with good jobs and we could manage with some lifestyle changes...like no more vacations for a while and  a lot less eating out.  So not too big of a deal and way way worth it!!  Our chances of getting pregnant would be in the 60% range, but I know that God's in control and if this isn't His will then it is a 0% chance.  We also have prayed about IVF in the last few months and have felt led not to freeze any embryos, which decreases our chances to a little less than 50%.  But like I said I know that God is in control, so I am not that worried about percentages.  Because we don't want to freeze any embryos, Dr J. told us what he does is take the best 3 eggs from retrieval and attempts to fertilize them(with Rob's sperm of course..LOL).  Statistically two would fertilize and he would transfer what ever progressed but we run the "risk" of all three fertilizing(poss. triplets) or none of them fertilizing and having a $14,000 bill and no baby.  I am willing to take that "risk".  God is in control and will lead us where He wants us to go, but it is still scary.  The thing that scares me the most is that my desire to be a mom will drown out God's leading.  So please pray for God to lead us down the path of His will and to not let us get in the way.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks so much, girl. I've been out of town for a week, so I'm just getting a chance to catch up on your last week. I'm praying for you guys and the decisions ahead of you.

p.s. That water looks beautiful...I'm so jealous! :)

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know that I think about you all the time--I know how consuming everthing can be and I am so glad that you were able to have a good vacation. Know I am still praying and can't wait to see a picture of a "pregnant" test posted on the site.

Just Believing said...

Sister I feel ya...were kinda on the " IUI probably wont work lets move onto IVF" phase but uh yeah getting 10-15 grand isnt so easy and its so scary if it doesnt work!

anyways your vaca looks AWEOMENESS!!! You guys totally deserve it!!! Glad your back to the blogging world!!!

Laura said...

First...your little blog redesign is absolutely adorable! Very very cute!

Second, you know I'm praying for you and thinking about you all the time. Hoping that you'll feel the tug from above leading you in the direction you should go soon!!!

Lova ya,
Laura

schlatter0225 said...

Glad you had a good time on your trip. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Hopefully we will work together sometime this week!
Anna

Anonymous said...

we also chose to forgo iui for ivf because of the lower success rate. i'll be thinking about you. your vacation looks awesome, btw. :)

Amber said...

Looks like you had beautiful weather on your cruise...those are awesome islands!

Good luck on your appointment with Dr. J! I just love how he calls to check on us, don't you?