Monday, July 20, 2009

Hatch little chickies Hatch!

On day 3 after a 3 day transfer(3dp3dt-3days past 3day transfer) the blastocysts should be hatching out of the outer shell. My shell was thick according to the embryologist so they did what is called assisted hatching where they make a small hole in the outer layer to help with the hatching process. Please pray for our little ones to be able to hatch out of their shells today!!! Go little chickies Go! You can do it!!
Here's a pic of the assisted hatching procedure. The tool on the left is just to hold the embryo. The needle on the right is making a small hole in the outer shell.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I didn't realize they did AH...that should really help!!

Praying those babies are attaching! :)

((hugs))

Just Believing said...

Doing the hatch cheer over here! :)

Praying for you!

The Lane Family said...

Continuing to pray for you that those cute little blastocysts hatch and attach!!!

I remember the wait being so difficult and praying every night for good results. I don't have any great ideas for how to pass the time because I remember not being able to hardly stand the wait and trying to read, watch movies anything to keep my mind off the wait :) I had always worked out when I was stressed or worried but that was out as well!!

Keeping our fingers, toes everything crossed for you :)

Wendi

twondra said...

I hope it works!!! Good luck!!!

Shannon said...

Im praying a "please hatch" prayer that I just made up, come on babies! :)

Michelle said...

That picture is so facinating. I am so glad you had assisted hatching - that is great! Oh how I pray for hatching and attaching!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey! It is Hatching Time. Baby birds just hatched in my flower pot on my front porch. So I have a feeling yours are hatching right now. Praying for you, Julie