Thursday, April 9, 2009

Psalm 40:1-5


I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.

Blessed is the man 
who makes the Lord his trust,
who does not look to the proud, 
to those who turn aside to false gods.
Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:1-5

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this post, especially listening to the song in the background.

"When I can't see You I know You're there
When I can't feel You I will not fear
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid."

Heather said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you every morning on my way to work and usually every night on my way home from work. I have made that my prayer time and wanted to let you know you are a priority. My heart aches for you and I want so badly for your prayers to be answered in the way that you hope for! I know it always helps when we are going through trials to know that people are praying for us - so I through I'd let you know!